8 Fun Facts About Patchouli Oil
People either love it or despise it.
Patchouli is a highly divisive oil. People either love it or despise it.
Many people discover that it grows on them with time.
1. A pound of gold was once exchanged for a pound of patchouli by European traders.
2. Did you know that King Tut was buried with 10 litres of patchouli oil in his tomb?
3. Patchouli is still used as a treatment for dandruff, dry, peeling skin, and dermatitis all over the world.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, patchouli functions as a natural mosquito repellant.
5. Patchouli is known to be a good deodorant for the body.
6. Woodsy and musky, yet slightly sweet, patchouli is often associated with incense and the "flower children" of the 1960s and 70s.
7. Patchouli helps to promote sleep, according to a study published in the Journal of Natural Medicines.
8. Patchouli is considered an aphrodisiac.
This oil is used in aromatherapy to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and stress.
You’ve got questions?
We’ve got answers to anything in Marson Aroma.